6139 Brownsville Road
South Park, PA 15236
- I am interested in an engineering management position for plant
controls and maintenance. My background is particularily suited for
production, pilot operations, development and implementation. I
desire responsibilities in which I can demonstrate professional and
corporate growth potential.
- Bechtel Bettis, West Mifflin, PA - 2009 to Present
Responsible for engineering support for the Fleet.
- World Kitchen, Inc. (Formerly Corning Glass), Charleroi, PA - 1998 to 2009
Responsible for support, modification and addition of plant manufacturing equipment,
including PLC, MMI and C source code analysis and modification, developing project
drawings and specification development. Additionally, I have direct supervisory
experience with a shop of 13 union electricians reporting to me. Projects have included
new RTP-based control systems for glass furnaces, A/B PLC-based control systems for
pressing machines, decorating machines and material handling systems, and Koll-Morgen and
Orion-based servo control systems for material handling systems.
- RPS, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA - 1996 to 1998
Responsible for support of existing hub facilities, including source code
analysis and modification, operator-interface changes, developing project
drawings and specification development for new facilities.
- Davy International, Pittsburgh, PA - 1990 to 1996
Responsible for the design of all or part of the control system for assigned
projects, including programming in ladder logic, developing operator-interface
applications, programming higher level functions using C, and developing
hardware-related project drawings. Projects have included:
- Hood Cooling System for U.S. Steel/Kobe, Lorain, Ohio.
Involved Allen-Bradley PLC 5/40 and Panelview MMI.
- CAS-OB facility for Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel, Steubenville, Ohio.
Involved GE Series 90-70 PLC and GE Cimplicity Unix-based MMI.
- Blast furnace rebuild for National Steel, Granite City,Illinois.
Involved Square D PLC.
- BOF Hi-Vap mist cooling facility for Bethlehem Steel, Burns Harbor,
Involved Allen-Bradley PLC 5/25, Controlview, and Panelview.
- PCI Coal Grinding & Drying facility for Inland Steel, Gary,
Involved Allen-Bradley PLC 5/40 and US/DATA Factorylink.
- CAS-OB facility for Weirton Steel, Weirton, West Virginia.
Involved Allen-Bradley PLC 5/40 and Controlview.
- Whirlpool Corporation Research Center, Benton Harbor, MI -
Responsible for designing digital circuits for use in the appliance industry,
basic research, digital circuit design and layout, and testing of finished
product. Projects included:
- Performed thesis project research and development.
- Designed an LCD dot matrix display system for use in multiple appliance
applications, utilizing Motorola 68705 microcontrollers.
- Designed and built a dc motor controller for use in an optical beam chopper
- Designed and built stereoscopic camera vision and sonar ranging devices.
- GMI Engineering & Management Institute, Flint, MI
- B.S.E.E., 1990, emphasis in Computer Science, Minor in Optics
- Thesis: Creation of a Prototype ECM Direct Drive Clothes Washer, and
Analysis of Water Flow Using Laser Vision Techniques.
- Independent Study: Designed a 8088-based microcomputer, and revised class
materials for the Computer Architecture course.
- Five year co-op program with Whirlpool Corporation.
- Fluent in Basic, C and C++, as well as A/B PLC5 and SLC500, GE Fanuc PLCs,
RTP Control Systems, Intellution and Wonderware HMI Systems.
- Experience with multiple word processor, spreadsheet, and CAD packages.
- Experience with AutoCAD v14 and 2000 packages.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint software.
- Experience with QNX, Unix, DOS, Windows 98/NT, and OS/2 operating systems.
- My work experiences have been varied and gratifying. I feel that
my relationship with my employers has been positive in both personal and
technical perspectives. As a result, my enthusiasm for my work, and my
ability to effectively contribute, has continued to grow.
- Available upon request.
Return to Home Page
Resume of Timothy Crane / Revised August 2009